Thursday, September 22, 2005

A watershed

At the moment it feels a bit like there was life before China and now there’s life after China. And actually that’s really good. I feel as if I’ve been able to draw a line in the sand. The season of burnout is over. At times during the China trip I had to dig deep – e.g. on that 40k walk when we had run out of food, were beginning to run out of water, weren’t exactly sure how far from our destination we were, and the daylight was beginning to fade. To be honest I don’t think I could have coped with some of that stuff 2-3 months ago, I would have just gone on a major downer. Even in the weeks previous to my China trip it seemed like I was still on an emotional rollercoaster. Maybe I’ll have to eat my words after saying this, but so far I haven’t felt that way and it’s as if I’m just able to get on with things now because I know I’ve left the valley of the past year behind me. Sure, the future is still a bit scary, particularly considering my current status of unemployment and all that, but I know that whatever season is next, God’s going to be with me in it. So I guess I’m going to call a close to this blog. I’m sure the lessons will have to be revisited from time to time, but I’m hoping that burnout will not be a repeated experience. It’s not the way life is meant to be. I’m not deleting this blog, who knows, maybe someone will stumble across it and find it reaches them where they’re at. (So if you’re a new visitor, read from the bottom up to get the chronological path through my journey.)

Here’s to you Jesus, my Shepherd, my Rod and my Staff. You’ve faithfully walked through this valley with me, and and I know you'll continue to walk down the path ahead with me, whatever that holds…You’re the best.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home