We're not alone
Since I’ve been off I’ve been so desperate to find out about the whole burnout thing – basically just to know that I’m not alone and that there are others who know what it’s like. I guess it reflects that innate need from deep within us – we have to reach out to others because we were meant to live in a network of relationships and experience a sense of community. It is true that ‘no man is an island’, though there have been many times when I have tried to live/prove otherwise...to my loss. Actually there isn't a huge amount of information out there in terms of Christian resources - the church is possibly influenced too much by the 'Messiah Complex'. However I came across a great article the other day on stress and burnout in youth ministry. I don’t completely agree with everything, but it’s fairly spot on for those who want to understand more, it may be quite helpful. And I'm also trying to update my links etc so that this site isn't just for my own personal therapy!Onwards & upwards!








2 Comments:
Feeding your forgotten soul by Paul Borthwick doesn't happen to belong to me does it? I've lost my copy for quite sometime now....
I'm innocent on that one! ;0)
Post a Comment
<< Home